Simplified.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 Edit This 0 Comments »
Walking through the greeneries, mesmerised by the waterfall and watching people of different age, or different race. Some prefer sitting on the bench, just resting, others choose to walk and climb up the hill.
Reality hits me. Hard.
Looking at the elders, how they get motivated to keep themselves happy. What happens if they are not healthy, what happens if they are not able to walk, to work, to put food on the dining table every day. Children today have different needs, it's not just for every generation, but also every age of life. The necessities for me and my little siblings would differ somehow.
I kept on saying how I would want to lead a simple life. Same house, same car, big family (this I do not have the power to make it small :p). But look, here, where I am standing, I see having a phone and a laptop as a necessity, apart from food, clothes, and a roof to keep us safe. In another part of the world, you might need a bigger house than mine, a bigger and more luxurious car than mine, an iPad, a DSLR, etc. Another part of the world, where little kids are standing, looking for a shortbread, that is more than a necessity, it is a luxury for them.
Now, to keep life simple, what would I do without a home, a car, a phone and a laptop?
Love,
Fizzah
Reality hits me. Hard.
Looking at the elders, how they get motivated to keep themselves happy. What happens if they are not healthy, what happens if they are not able to walk, to work, to put food on the dining table every day. Children today have different needs, it's not just for every generation, but also every age of life. The necessities for me and my little siblings would differ somehow.
I kept on saying how I would want to lead a simple life. Same house, same car, big family (this I do not have the power to make it small :p). But look, here, where I am standing, I see having a phone and a laptop as a necessity, apart from food, clothes, and a roof to keep us safe. In another part of the world, you might need a bigger house than mine, a bigger and more luxurious car than mine, an iPad, a DSLR, etc. Another part of the world, where little kids are standing, looking for a shortbread, that is more than a necessity, it is a luxury for them.
Now, to keep life simple, what would I do without a home, a car, a phone and a laptop?
Love,
Fizzah
0 comments:
Post a Comment