Ikhlas
Friday, February 11, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »Lately I have always wonder what does it mean to be genuine to Allah, to others and even to yourselves. I think I have been careless with reminding myself about the intention for each act. Why did I go to meetings? Is it just to please others? Why did I cook breakfast every morning? To feed or to fuel myself? For lust or for the better reasons? I just feel that I have not been on the right track, i.e. I do things that become a daily routine for me, that I don't even remember the purposes for doing so.
Now, having been living in the Earth for 21 years, of which the balance of the ground and the water is one of His blessings, I still need to work on to being genuine and honest. You can easily get deflected from being ikhlas to others or even yourself, but to Allah, who has created you?
This ayah should be a gentle reminder for myself. Kadang-kadang we forgot to fully comprehend what others mean when they say "Allah knows everything". We render to those things that we love, such as relationships and the Dunyya. We forgot our intentions, we forgot about purifying our hearts, we forgot how it feels when our hearts have not turned dark.
What does it mean?
Ikhlas means when you do good deeds for the sake of Allah, and no other. You do deeds not to please others' ears and eyes, and certainly not to fish for any compliments. “Maka sembahlah Allah dengan mengikhlaskan agama kepada-Nya.” (Qs. Az Zumar: 2). I mean it all basically goes back to your intention, back to our heart. To purify one's body, is to purify his heart. I'm sure some of us have done things to please others, like going to school just because everybody will talk when you don't, or getting fit just to please everyone with our bodies. Rasulullah s.a.w. bersabda:
"Sesungguhnya Allah Ta'ala itu tidak melihat kepada tubuh-tubuhmu, tidak pula
kepada bentuk rupamu, tetapi Dia melihat kepada hati-hatimu sekalian," (Riwayat Muslim). A body is a physical medium for us to do good deeds, much like the world being a medium for the transition between life and hereafter.
Why do we need to be ikhlas?
- We want to feel good about ourselves.
- Allah will reward us with countless pahala. “Beramal karena manusia adalah syirik, meninggalkan amal karena manusia adalah riya,” (Fudhail bin Iyadh).
- We get to protect ourselves from Satan's whispers. Allah berfirman tentang perkataan Iblis laknatullah alaihi yang artinya: Iblis menjawab: “Demi kekuasaan Engkau aku akan menyesatkan mereka semuanya, Kecuali hamba-hamba-Mu yang ikhlas di antara mereka.” (Qs. Shod: 82-83)
Love,
Fizzah
0 comments:
Post a Comment