February Adventure Part 1, 2010

Sunday, February 07, 2010 Edit This 0 Comments »
Hi all,

My first post really in February! Haha, all because of the soul intention of not forgetting last night's experience! We had a girls' day out to Sheffield, where I met Iqmarul and Melissa baybeh! And had super cucur for breakfast, Nandos for lunch, Subway for hi-tea and super nyaman nasi katok for dinner! 3 quid for a day rider with extensive tram utility, this trip should be one of most memorable trips! Why?

Apart from all those knee-jerking moments, walking in one of the shopping heavens in the UK, the Meadows Hall (bukan Meadows Hell! sasakku c iqqy!), and apart from feeling so homey in the very classic-brits home of Iqqy's, and apart from getting a "one down!" due to the very unsettling painful headache, I had a very pricey experience, i had to endure in the longest 1 hour train back to Nottingham!

I had to endure the pain of being a victim of racism, a victim when the humanity in the world has lost through the thin air and most of all, the pain other sisters wearing abayah or hijab to cover womens' pride. But above all these, I just have to thank Allah to have given us the experience not everyone could have, sisters, I am proud of you ladies! =)

So, we were waiting for the train to go back to Notts, of course Iqqy and Amal were there to send us off. Just about the train got there, a guy (guy A) came to us, and asked somewhat with drunken voice asking if we had gloves. And we didn't bother about it, and he went to his friends and started laughing their tongkeng off. They started talking about bombs, explosives and all. Funny thing, Yamina was too confident and said "bisai-bisai kamu ah, karang terus balik rumah" to iqqy as she thought the drunk guys were gonna stay in Sheffield, but NO! They went in the same train cubicle with us! Before we hopped into the train, MasyaAllah, this one guy (guy B) showed off his lighter and flickered it to us, lucu kamu ya! Sok suci kayak gitu! Alhamdulillah we got 4 for a table side to side really. I was sitting next to the window, and Simah was next to me.

The train, started to move, and guess what? Guy B came to us, and asked if we were from Afghanistan or Iran or Ukraine? Sira Ulo! Ngakk pergi ke sekolah apa! Masih telur, bila orang udah jadi ayamnya! He started saying, hey, i'm talking in English. And MasyaAllah, I got pissed off, we were all staring at the dark window, and I swear I glanced at guy twice, attempting to say something! But Alhamdulillah, my mind worked faster than my heart. I didn't.

He went on to the other table for awhile making a fool of himself really. I asked simah to change seats with me, she was 'frozen' for awhile, and I thought, I was physically bigger and stronger than her, the guys won't do much harm on me. He got back to his place, and kacau an Indian guy I supposed. Started asking like "Hey you Indian right? Why are you here? Do you speak English or Punjabi? How come you're speaking english?" Oh my Allah, macam tah Uk ani seagung-agungnya kedia punya, nada kelas tu yaw! Orang mengandung kan teberanak pun inda jadi beranak tu mendgr kena pressure ah, kuno tahap negatif maksimal! Turn off terus!

Then he started being cynistical saying we were from ukraine and we had bombs and all, I got too small of a sling bag to even carry my purse, bombs my tongkeng! And this one baik guy ala ala samseng, bengis, macam drive motosikal harley davidson, bejanggut tah apa indah, stood up, and asked them to stop shouting, Alhamdulillah, ada juga orang yang modern setapak pemikirannya. Berkelahi tah apa indah, jenis penumbukan jua Guy B ani, ada se clan kan membackup kedia! Then Baik Guy got outnumbered, and was asked to sit down, we prayed, Allah sent his angles to guard him safely back to his home, for he has helped us sisters.. Amin.. We have not got the chance to thank you, and it would be quite impossible that you stumble upon this blog, but Thank you, may Allah bless you. And there was another girl who, i swear looked like taylor swift, she was being a bit democratic there, saying stuff like it does not mean they are bla bla bla. And Alhamdulillah I got the chance to say thank you to her, for being rational, and I thank Allah for making her a REAL HUMAN who has a heart and mind to be proud of. Thank you!

We had endured the longest hour in our life, and we were blessed knowing that the guys got off before the stop at Nottingham. The orang putih guy behind Nasreyah said sorry to the group for not being able to help them out while the guys were busy blabbering about explosives, and how the train was going to explode. We got off the train safely, having the guys from BruNotts picking us up Haikal, Hazwan and Aliff, thanks guys yeah? =) I met the guy who sat next to our table in the train while we were using bus to go back home, he smiled (cute yaw!) and said hi, and sorry, he was ashamed of having those people in the UK, those were just idiots, and I quoted! And he said he were pretty brave about that. Said that if he had said something, the bad guys would just get worse, and i quote "but surely, if they had been aggresive to you guys, we'll stand up for you" and I felt such blessings from Allah =) Terima kasih banyak banyak!

So there you go! February adventure! Umi cakap, if travel before keluar rumah, baca surah al-ikhlas (3x) and al-qadr (1x) and banyak-banyak baca ayat-kursi. Yamina cakap jua, kalau travel kalau boleh sembayang untuk safe journey..

I met si cecep Melissa! hehe, and was served with great nasi katoks, nyaman!

Questions. I was not scared at all. I did not think about anyone or anything else to help me at that time, not the police, not my bestfriends, not my family, not my parents, but I was not scared at all, because Allah was/is with me. I glanced twice to attempt to 'backfire' of course with nice and wise words, but I have lived a life, where when such thing happens, you're suppose to ignore them, for your own safety, so they won't get aggresive on you. But the bengis slash baik guy stood up for us, he knew he was outnumbered. And the young lady stood up for us too, and she knew she was outnumbered. I knew Allah was with me, but they didn't. Why didn't we stand up for ourselves? It seems like I was letting them orally abusing my religion. Yeah, they could harm me physically, but would that not mean i have done jihad for Allah? Would that not mean I have stood up for my religion, for Allah, for Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and I am pretty sure, if I was harm physically, just because I had done jihad for Allah, my parents won't scold me for being somewhat 'elusive' and I won't regret it. But why have we taught to remain silent and not give them an opportunity (now, that's a little bit illusional!) for a detailed explanation? Why do we have to remain silent? ='(

Love,
Fizzah

p/s: Felt ashamed for not standing up. It was a chance. Did I blow it? Gah!

0 comments: